MIAMI, March 15, 2012 — Net Element (OTCQB:NETE), a technology services provider and Internet publisher, today announced its agreement to appoint Michael Waltrip to an advisory board position with its subsidiary Motorsport.com, a comprehensive digital destination for the motorsports world. In this role, the NASCAR driver, two-time winner of the Daytona 500, and co-owner of Michael Waltrip Racing will work alongside Emerson Fittipaldi, Motorsport.com chairman and Hall of Fame motorsports legend, to help reach a new generation of motorsports fans. Waltrip will leverage his extensive industry knowledge, expertise and personal contacts to solidify the company’s vision and develop and implement its strategic plan to appeal to a broader base of race fans globally.
“I’m excited to work closely with Emmo to help get more fans in the sport.”
Motorsport.com, a NETE-owned and operated business unit, provides interactive multi-media experiences of race series through exclusive videos and photos, race standings, schedules, locations, race team profiles and other unique race content. Waltrip plans to maximize his advisory role with Motorsport.com by engaging and interacting with fans, racers and industry insiders via the Motorsport.com website, mobile app, social media networks, and IPTV channels.
“We live in an on-demand world and everything, including sports, must adapt to provide an immediate response or feedback to fans, sponsors and media. Motorsport.com provides a unique opportunity in which motorsports enthusiasts can stay engaged with their favorite racers around the clock, including during live races,” Waltrip said. “As an advisor to Motorsport.com, I look forward to communicating with race fans and providing them with personal racing tips and industry insight.”
In addition, Waltrip said, he looks forward to working with the company’s prestigious leadership, including its chairman, Emerson Fittipaldi. “I’m excited to work closely with Emmo to help get more fans in the sport.”
Waltrip said he plans to:
- Work to help Motorsport.com establish partnerships with top global brands and media companies.
- Support and promote Motorsport.com’s technology innovation, particularly in delivering unique HD and 3-D race video and social media content online, and leverage its technology platform to redefine online racing experiences and get more fans involved with motorsports.
- Serve as a personal brand ambassador actively promoting Motorsport.com and heightening its profile at all of his events and in premier race series worldwide, as well as on his personal social media profiles on Facebook and Twitter.
Dmitry Kozko, co-founder and executive vice president of business development with NETE, said: “Waltrip is an important addition to our team and provides Motorsport.com with elite industry experience as both a racing champion and a commentator. We are committed to providing premier experiences to our fans, and his insights and leadership are valuable resources as we continue to grow our platform.”
Motorsport.com, Inc., a Net Element (OTCQB:NETE) business division, is a digital distribution platform that provides, via its website and social media networks, interactive multi-media coverage and experiences of F1, NASCAR, Le Mans and other major race series through one of the largest professional online library of motorsports photos, as well as HD video, race results, locations, race team profiles and other unique content. For more information, visit http://www.Motorsport.com.
About Net Element
Net Element is a global publisher of online destinations and business services on a custom technology platform for Internet and mobile distribution. This platform enables the rapid development, production and distribution of rich media content (HD & 3D), services (SaaS) and branded content in entertainment and news. NETE owns and publishes Internet properties and creates social and business communities in motorsports, music, film and entertainment. Its portfolio includes: www.Motorsport.com; www.Openfilm.com; www.Music1.com; www.Yapik.com and www.ARLive.com. For more information, visit www.NetElement.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50205429&lang=en
- Emerson Fittipaldi to Become Chairman of Motorsport.com
- NeuMedia Adds Michael Lambert to Advisory Board
- Stereo Vision Names Former Lucasfilm CEO Charles Weber Chairman of Their Advisory Board
- Net Element Files Patent Application for Music Brain, a New Psychographic Music-Matching Platform
- Michael Forever Tribute Concert Live to Facebook’s 800 Million Fans
- Delray Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade Joins RealTime Marketing Group
- Zmags President and CEO, Michael Schreck, to Present at Fourth Annual Xconomy Forum – Mobile Madness 2012: Total Mobility